What must I know before signing up to an online casino?
Online casino gaming is pretty exciting stuff, so you may feel the need to jump in as soon as you open a casino account. But take it from us, that’s the last thing you should do. Here are some questions you must first ask yourself, and then only get going when you have honest answers for each.
Is my chosen casino legal in the US?
At usonlinecasino.com, it is not a secret that we only promote regulated sites. We also openly discourage playing on illegal offshore sites. Before spending time on a gaming platform, determine if it is regulated. You can quickly check the site’s footer section for the license information. If you doubt, you can find all the regulated sites on our website.
What is my real intention to open a casino account?
Who doesn’t want to wager a small amount and walk away with a massive jackpot? Yes, this is an actual reality in online casinos, but it shouldn’t be your focus when creating your new account.
Why do you need a new casino account? Is it to have fun or to solve money issues? You must be clear about this before you kick off your casino journey. That is the first step to responsible gambling.
Is my casino worth it?
If you are using your money to play casino games, you might as well do it in a top-rated casino. But don’t be too impressed with the aesthetics and neglect to select a site that’s right for you.
Online casinos excel in various categories. If you can match these to your needs as a casino player, then you are in business:
- Fast withdrawals
- Best payout
- Biggest game selection
- Best customer support
- Best mobile casino
- Best new casino
- Best loyalty program
- Best crypto casino
- Most awarded
- Best social site
3 Tips for managing your casino account
We want you to play with your best foot forward, so our casino experts have put together a few tips to ensure you manage your account correctly.
- Always read the terms and conditions before opening an account!
Most players overlook the terms and conditions. This might be due to naivety or a plain lack of interest. But there is a lot you can learn about a casino by going through the fine print. When you land in an online casino, and before you do anything else, ensure you understand what you are getting yourself into.
- Check which personal information the casino requests
Casino operators will require some personal data for them to set up your account. This is not uncommon, and the amount of details needed usually indicates how thorough the casino follows regulations. Find out what is required and ensure the casino can protect your details from malicious attacks by dubious third-party entities.
Which information do casinos need and why?
- Regulated online casinos will always ask for your personal information.
- First, expect to provide the casino with your full name since the site wants to know who you are.
- Online casinos will also require your email address – they will send a verification link when you sign up
- You may also be required to upload your proof of residence
- The last four of your SSN will always be necessary – for the simple reason of verifying your identity
- Check payment methods the casino has
Payment methods, or the lack thereof, can spoil your online gaming experience. Before signing up for any platform, check if your preferred payment methods are part of the list of options. If they are not, contact customer support and see if they can assist.
Casino deposit and withdraw
Critical to any proper account management practice is planning deposits and withdrawals. We have included the procedure for depositing in US online casinos below. This section also outlines how to withdraw your earnings and lists things you need to pay attention to.
How to make a deposit
Depositing in regulated casinos is a breeze. Just follow the easy steps outlined below to get started.
- Create a new casino account by providing your details
- Use your unique credentials to log into your account
- Locate the casino menu and select deposit
- Enter the amount you would like to deposit
- Select a preferred funding method
How to withdraw your winnings
Taking your money out is also effortless, but online casinos usually have fewer methods available. However, unlike deposits, withdrawals come with a few aspects you need to take note of.
- Wagering requirements
Wagering requirements are applied by the online casino and dictate the terms you must meet for your bonus funds to become withdrawable. Failure to complete wagering requirements will result in the loss not only of your bonus funds but also the winnings associated with them.
- Withdrawal Limits
Online casinos apply withdrawal limits on player accounts to protect themselves from unrealistic withdrawal requests. So, you will find limits on the amount you can take out daily and for every month. If you need to alter these limits, you can contact customer support.
- Time Limits
Withdrawal limits apply to the amount you can take out and the time you can do so. There’s a maximum cap applied on withdrawals for the month and even the day.
- Account Limits
It is not uncommon for online casino operators to apply account limits for specific individuals. You can have these limits changed to suit your playing style by contacting customer support.
- Security Checks
Before taking out your money, the transaction must go through security checks. So, you may find the casino asking you to verify your identity when you place a withdrawal request. This is standard practice and is used as a way to protect your funds.
How to claim a casino bonus
Casino bonuses are one of the best reasons for playing online. Site operators give out these offers to entice players to sign up. The steps below outline the simple process of claiming a standard welcome offer.
- Use our links to head over to the casino site
- Find the registration button
- Provide the casino with your details and click “Submit”
- Use your new credentials to sign up in the casino.
- Make an initial deposit. If prompted, supply a welcome bonus promo code
- Some bonus offers do not require promo codes; if that is the case, you can head over to the promotions page and opt-in
Responsible gaming tools you can set up by yourself
It’s easy to find yourself frustrated and frankly, overwhelmed when dealing with online casinos. Who wouldn’t feel someone flustered when they lose real money? If ever you find yourself in this situation, it’s always good to know that you can take a break and cool off.
Online casino operators have a range of tools they’ve placed at your disposal to help you with this. Contact customer support, and they will be more than happy to help. Depending on how much time you want to take, online casinos have a provision that will grant you a hiatus for as long as you need.
The best responsible gaming tool is good bankroll management
Even though online casinos are gracious enough to offer self-help tools to ensure you gamble responsibly, nothing beats good bankroll management when it comes to avoiding huge losses. These tried and tested strategies of playing high RTP games, setting up how much you want to play with at the beginning, and using an efficient strategy will always be the best tools for responsible gaming.
Set up your limits
You have heard us talking about setting limits when you begin playing as a fantastic bankroll management technique. But, what limits can you set in an online casino?
- Time limits
- Deposit limits
- Wagering limits
To ensure you avoid unmanageable losses, set the limits above by using safe gambling tools supplied by the casino. All regulated US online casinos have these tools, so you must ensure you only play on legal sites.
- Exclude yourself or close your account whenever you want
Online gaming is a fun activity if done correctly. But the truth is it is not for everyone. When you feel your gambling behavior is harmful to you or others around you, it might be time to self-exclude. You can contact customer support, who will help you put your name on the self-exclusion list. You choose the amount of time you want to stay away and come back when you feel you are ready.
It might also be necessary to close off your account entirely and stay away from online casino gaming. Again, customer support agents are ready to help you make the best decision for you.
Differences between auto expulsion and self expulsion from casino
Auto expulsion and self-exclusion are necessary elements in online gaming. The difference is that in self-exclusion, you are the one who decides to exclude yourself from online gaming activity. In this regard, the casino cannot reactivate your account until the exclusion period expires. So it would be best if you gave careful thought to what you’re opting into when you choose self-exclusion
Solutions to common issues with casino accounts
Customer support is available when you face a challenge in the online casino. But our experts at usonlinecasino.com have also included some quick solutions for everyday problems you may encounter with your account.
- I cannot log in
- Make sure your account credentials are correct, including your email and password. You can quickly change your password by following the easy prompts if you have forgotten it.
- I don’t see if my documents have been verified.
- Verification typically takes less than 48 hours, all things being equal. You can contact customer support and request an update if it takes longer.
- My withdrawal is not reaching me.
- Usually, you will not have any challenges with withdrawals in US-regulated sites. But if you experience a delay. Check if your request is tagged as successful. If not, contact customer support.
- I cannot reopen my account.
- The most common reason is incorrect login details. Double-check to ensure you have entered the proper credentials before contacting customer support.
- I received a suspicious email.
- You must report any suspicious communication to customer service. You will also need to block the sender, so you will not receive further correspondence.
- My documents are not approved.
- If your documents are not legible or your name is not shown clearly, the casino will reject them. Online casinos will also not accept documents that do not match the account name. So make sure you take note of these issues before submitting.
- I cannot change my credit card details.
- You can change your credit card details by entering the new ones when you make a deposit. The other option is to contact customer service for assistance.
- I cannot reset my password.
- The best way is to contact customer support. But only do so after confirming you are using the correct email address.
- I cannot change my personal details.
- In many cases, you will be able to change your details in your casino profile. If not, contact customer support, but be ready to supply supporting documents upon request.
- How to close an online casino account?
- You can quickly close your casino account by sending a message to customer support.
Online casino gaming can be a delightful experience, but it can also be the road that leads you to financial ruin. If you jump in on the first casino that comes your way and fail to do your homework, this fun pastime can quickly turn nasty.
Account management is often overlooked, but it forms the backbone of any fruitful playing experience. Our team has provided tips that you can use to protect yourself and those around you from financial surprises. Followed well, we see no reason these tips can’t help you develop sound gaming habits while protecting your online casino account.