Finn and the Swirly Spin review
Our lovable Finn the Leprechaun is on a mission to swirl and spin in search of prizes. Inspired by the Emerald Isle, Finn and the Swirly Spin slot by NetEnt takes you on a lucky ride. Read our complete review to learn more about its theme, unique mechanic, and its lucrative features before you play!
How I tested Finn and the Swirly Spin Slot
As part of the NetEnt portfolio, Finn and the Swirly Spin slot comes with an impressive branding. But in the spirit of objectivity, I review this game using a standard set of steps as indicated below:
- The slot symbols and its theme: One of first things that players notice in online slots its theme. What’s the theme and how do the symbols fit into the picture?
- Minimum and maximum bet and its Autoplay option: The game’s betting range should be affordable. Can the player use the Max Bet and Autoplay options?
- What is the theoretical return? It refers to the Return to Player (RTP) percentage or the overall return of the game to the player. An RTP of at least 95% is always good for the players.
- Volatility: Are the payouts bigger but they happen less frequently? Or the wins are frequent, but they are smaller in size?
- Hit frequency: This is a simpler metric used in assessing a slot machine. It tells us how frequent the winnings are.
- Maximum win or progressive jackpot. What is the maximum amount to win in the game?
- List of features and bonuses: A complete game review includes a check of the available features and bonuses. Free spins, scatters, wilds, and multipliers are the most common features to play in premium slot machines.
- Bonus Buy: Is there a way for the player to buy into the bonus?
- Sounds and graphics: A look at the quality of graphics and soundtrack used.
Play Finn and the Swirly Spin with the best bonus
You can fully enjoy Finn and the Swirly Spin slot if you play it using generous bonuses. Before you play, check our updated section for top casino offers and promotions.
Finn and the Swirly Spin Symbols & Payouts
This NetEnt slot has an Irish theme and flavor to it, so some colors and symbols here may look familiar to some. These symbols are randomly displayed in a 5×5 grid, but these move in a spiral manner.
An Irish and luck-themed slots adventure is yours when you play Finn and the Swirly Spin by NetEnt. On the grid, you’ll find the Red Diamond, Acorn Nut, Horseshoe, and the Cloverleaf. The Red Diamond is the game’s most lucrative symbol as it awards you with up to 500x your line bet.
Finn and the Swirly Spin slot uses the Cluster or Spin Mechanic. With its 5×5 grid, you’ll find 25 spaces that can randomly display the same number of symbols. In this game, you need to match at least three identical symbols in vertical or horizontal fashion, but its mechanic is slightly different. In this game, the symbols will move from high-numbered spaces to low-numbered spaces using a set direction. The movement of the symbols in a swirly motion culminates in the center. In Finn and the Swirly Spin, only the highest win per winning match is paid out.
Min/max bet, Autoplay option
In this NetEnt slot, there are 10 bet levels, and the coin value ranges from 0.01 up to 20.00. Using this range, the minimum bet to play here is $0.10 up to a maximum of $100.00. Aside from the ‘+’ and ‘-‘sign buttons to increase and decrease the level and coin value, you can also use Autoplay option.
Finn and the Swirly Spin slot offers an RTP of 96.62%. This theoretical return is better compared to some premium slot machines offered by NetEnt.
This NetEnt slot machine comes with a low to medium volatility. With this variance on Finn and the Swirly Spin, players can count on frequent wins in smaller amounts.
Jackpot and/or maximum win
Finn and the Swirly Spin is not a progressive slot, but it still delivers decent payouts through its regular features. As mentioned, the Red Diamond is the most important as it offers you up to 500x your line bet.
A swirling adventure with Finn that delivers decent payouts!
Expect something different with this slot machine. With its swirly mechanic, spinning the reels for potential winnings become more fun and exciting!
A potentially lucky adventure can be yours with Finn and the Swirly Spin slot thanks to its exciting features. As an adventure-themed slot machine, this lets you find the key to unlock its many worlds and the fortune that they hold.
Wilds, re-spins and other features
This game is filled with Wild symbols, free games and different worlds that hide potential fortune. Here’s a review on the game’s special symbols and the worlds you can unlock.
Wilds and Sticky Wilds
The Yellow Star is the game’s Wild and replace other symbols except for the Free Spins Key. On your random spins, you’ll also land the Sticky Wild. It only appears in the Lava Lair Free Spins, and it can’t be destroyed when completing a winning combination.
After a player’s spin, one of the four random features may be activated. These random features are the Starfall Wilds, Dragon Destroy, Irish Luck, and the Magic Transform. In the Starfall Wilds, at least two Wilds are added to the grid. Another interesting random feature is the Irish Luck which is activated in case the initial random spin doesn’t produce a winner.
After collecting wins and you land the Free Spins Key lands on the center, then you activate the Free Spins game. Here, you can choose from 4 different Free Spins games, each corresponding to random feature. In this round, you can select from The Star Bar, Lava Lair, Lucky Mug, and Golden Pot. For example, activating The Star Bar pays 1 Key, 7 Free Spins and the Starfall Wilds. But if you win the Golden Pot, this brings up to 16 Keys, 2 Free Spins and the Magic Transform Feature.
Finn and the Swirly Spin Graphics & Sound
|Optimized for Mobile||Yes|
|Special features||Free Games, Random Features|
The popular Irish theme gets an exciting and colorful twist with Finn and the Swirly Spin
NetEnt proves once again that it’s a leading game studio for premium slot machines. It offers a twist to the popular Cluster Mechanic with its swirling spin action that ends up at the center! This unique feature makes Finn and the Swirly Spin an exciting online slot to play.
Solutions if you have some issues with a game
- You can replay the game or hit refresh if the game suddenly stops.
- In case this slot machine malfunctions due to hardware or software issue, all bets are rendered void.
- Contact the operator’s Technical Support team to get help when the game’s replay function does not work.
NetEnt tries to be different with the release of Finn and the Swirly Spin slot. This game comes with an exciting Irish theme with Cloverleaf, Diamonds, and a friendly Finn the Leprechaun as the leading symbols. But the game’s main attraction is the swirling spin mechanic that makes every random spin more exciting. Some players may be disappointed with its list of features and less than inspiring free game mode. But with its innovative features, this game easily becomes one of the company’s most creative productions!
Other slots to play if you like Finn and the Swirly Spin slot
Players that enjoy Finn and the Swirly Spin may also enjoy: