American Express – A Card With Many Advantages
American Express, also known as Amex, has more than 110 million users worldwide. It offers you fast deposits and high security and lets you track your spending and/or fees easily. As some players hesitate to use Amex at online casinos, I’m here to help you decide whether this payment method is the right for you.
Top 5 American Express Casinos
Amex is a popular credit card provider so finding online casinos that accept it is easy. I considered the game’s variety, user-friendliness, and mobile casino to give you the best American Express casinos. You’ll also get attractive bonuses as a newbie on my recommended American Express casino sites:
- Party Casino
- Caesars Casino
- Golden Nugget Casino
You can also find more insightful online casino reviews on our page.
Why Does American Express Works In Casinos
Amex is a multinational financial services corporation with headquarters in New York City. It was founded in 1850, and today it’s one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
In 2010, Amex launched its mobile app for Android and iOS users. With this, holders can perform almost all functions via the app without carrying a card.
Many online casino operators accept Amex as a payment method. Their efforts demonstrate that they’ve made online payments easier and more secure for everyone.
Is It Safe To Use American Express To Gamble Online?
Safety and security are always top concerns when playing online. That’s why American Express has some of the best fraud protection in the business. Let’s have a look:
- Amex cards come with card purchase protection. This means that you can claim reimbursements for unauthorized transactions within 90 days.
- They have a SafeKey Authentication feature. The feature sends you a six-digit one-time pass when you make online payments.
- American Express has strong protection measures to keep your data privacy online. They follow GDPR guidelines and don’t share your banking data with third parties.
- To secure transactions, even more, you must verify your identity. American Express casinos will ask for your personal and residential documents in the KYC process.
- Other security measures include two-factor authentication and encrypted transactions.
We only study and recommend licensed sites. If you’d like to learn about other payment method reviews visit this page.
How to Use American Express At Online Casinos
We’ll tell you what you need to know before starting at an American Express casino. Once you grasp the Terms of service, playing should be straightforward and effortless.
Fees for deposits and withdrawals using American Express
You aren’t charged transaction fees to make deposits or withdraw your winnings using American Express. But, do note that some American Express cards charge annual fees.
Deposit and withdraw your winnings with American Express
American Express is an excellent option to deposit money safely and easily. Here’s how to do so:
- On your casino Cashier’s page, select American Express as your deposit method.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and click on ‘Deposit’.
- You’ll be directed to the American Express website, where you must log in to your account.
- When you’ve logged in, you can review and confirm your transaction details.
- Once confirmed, money is instantly added to your online casino account to start playing!
Only a handful of online casinos accept American Express to withdraw. If you have one, here’s how you get your cash:
- Log in to your online casino account and head to the Cashier.
- Select American Express as your withdrawal method.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and confirm the transaction.
- Your winnings will be transferred to your American Express account. You can confirm this under the ‘Transaction History’ of your Amex account.
Pros & Cons Of American Express Online Casinos
There are many good reasons why to use American Express at online casinos. At the same time, some aspects may not be so appealing.
|Amex allows swift deposits||Some Amex cards charge annual fees|
|The cards have excellent security features||Amex isn’t always available for withdrawals|
|Amex accommodates high-rollers|
|Amex has an active support desk 24/7|
American Express vs Other Payment Methods
American Express cards are convenient to use in online casinos. I compare them against other payment methods on several functions to see how they differ. Learn more with the table:
|Features||American Express||Mastercard||Skrill||Cash At Cage|
|Availability for withdrawals||✖||✖||✔||✖|
|Free deposits & withdrawals||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Check this page to learn about other payment methods.
Common Issues When Using American Express at Online Casinos
As with any payment method, issues can sometimes arise. Let’s check some common problems and solutions:
- Banks can sometimes flag your transaction as ‘High Risk’. In this case, contact your bank and let them know you’re trying to deposit at a legit online casino.
- If your online casinos don’t accept American Express for withdrawals, try using another payment method.
Helpful Tips For Using American Express In Online Casinos
To guarantee a maximum playing experience, take note of the following points:
- Confirm that American Express withdrawals are supported. Otherwise, you’ll need to consider a different payment method to get your winnings.
- To take full advantage of bonuses, make sure that American Express is one of the eligible payment methods.
- Verify the minimum deposit and withdrawal amounts. Some casinos can have higher limits to deposit and withdraw.
American Express assures fast and secure transactions at any safe online casino. It’s easy to see why many players choose Amex as a payment method. You can claim the bonuses easily and enjoy flexible deposit and withdrawal limits. Unfortunately, American Express casino sites may not always accept this withdrawal option. All in all, it’s worthwhile using it if you find a suitable casino.