Bet365 announced recently that it plans to go live in Pennsylvania thanks to an igaming and sports betting with Presque Isle Downs and Casino.
- Deal still subject to approvals
- Presque Isle Downs and Casino is a subsidiary of Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI)
- CDI is seeking to monetize its access to the PA casino and sports betting markets
Shift in CDI online casino strategy
Last February, CDI announced that it would change its approach to the online casino segment of the business. So it is no surprise that it partnered with Bet365, one of the biggest names in US gambling.
The deal aligns with CDI’s plans to monetize its access to the PA market. Though it still awaits regulatory approvals, the agreement means that soon PA players will be able to enjoy games on Bet365.
A fruitful partnership
Representatives from Bet365 and CDI commented on the recent deal. CDI chief executive Bill Carstanjen said,
“We are pleased to partner with a global leader in the online gaming industry,” …“Our relationship with Bet365 enables us to maximize the value of our company’s sports betting and igaming market access in Pennsylvania.”
“Off the heels of our launch in Ohio, we are thrilled to announce our partnership with CDI. Once live, the world’s favorite online sports betting brand will be available to sports fans in Pennsylvania, offering fantastic site features, including bet boosts, same-game parlay, cash out and edit bet, on top of our market-leading sign-up offer.”
Though the Pennsylvania gaming market has some heavy hitters already, we look forward to seeing what Bet365 and CDI have in store.
- Caesars Entertainment launches online casino app
- WynnBET shuts down in some US markets
- $5 progressive side bet wins $1.5 million jackpot
- White Hat Studios continues to grow in the US
- Hacksaw Gaming secures West Virginia license