The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) announced this week that the combined total revenue for gaming increased by 32% last month compared to last year.
- Total combined revenue from all forms of igaming is up by 13% YOY.
- Total gaming revenue collected in June 2023 is $440.5m.
- Fantasy sports reflect a drop of 44% YOY.
The PGCB reported that the combined gaming revenue for June 2023 was $440.5m. That’s a 32% increase compared to last year’s period ($389.8m) and includes all verticals, like table games, slot machines, sports betting, and fantasy sports.
Revenue generated by verticals YOY (land-based)
|June 2022||June 2023||% difference|
|Slot machines||$193m||$201.5m||+ 4%|
|Table games||$72.52%||$76.2m||+ 0.11%|
|Sports betting||$393.5m||$373.2m||– 3%|
|Fantasy sports||$1.5m||$848,591||– 44%|
The revenue generated by the online side of the business was $135.4m in June 2023, as follows:
Online operators in the Keystone State paid $59m in taxes to the state last month.
- Caesars Entertainment launches online casino app
- WynnBET shuts down in some US markets
- $5 progressive side bet wins $1.5 million jackpot
- White Hat Studios continues to grow in the US
- Hacksaw Gaming secures West Virginia license