The monthly gaming revenue in Pennsylvania surpassed the $500 million mark for the first time.
- PA legalized gambling in 2006.
- More money is spent on retail and online slots.
- Total gambling revenue in PA for March 2023 is $515.3m.
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) recently announced last month’s total gambling revenue figure. The state breached the half-a-million mark ever since legalizing the activity in 2006.
This year’s figure, $515,278,831, is 11% higher than in March 2022. A result that continues to prove the strength of the industry in the state.
Gambling revenue by game type
The record-breaking figure for March 2023 is made up of different online and retail gambling activities.
The following tables reveal this year’s results compared to last year’s. We can see that retail and online slots reaming board leaders.
Top performing operators
Data from the PGCB also revealed the top casino earners for March 2023.
We can see how they performed this year compared to the last’s.
|Hollywood Casino at Penn National||$80.9m||$63.7m|
|Valley Forge Casino Resort||$63.7m||$51.8m|
|Hollywood Casino Morgantown||$9.5m||$5.7m|
|Hollywood Casino at the Meadows||$31.2m||$20.5m|
So far the year, operators in Pennsylvania have paid $212.4m in taxes to the state.
- Caesars Entertainment launches online casino app
- WynnBET shuts down in some US markets
- $5 progressive side bet wins $1.5 million jackpot
- White Hat Studios continues to grow in the US
- Hacksaw Gaming secures West Virginia license